Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No No No, I Don't Sign It No More

Don't ask! Ringo is out

Ringo Starr has announced he will no longer be signing autographs. And who can blame him? Don't send him anything because he's over it, retiring his John Hancock to the annals of rock & roll history. His refusal to knuckle under to the knuckle heads reminds me of Mencken's take on fame,
A celebrity is one who is known to many persons he is glad he doesn't know
.
From afar, I've always dug his version of The No No Song and if he'd add a "don't sign it no more" verse and rerelease it, I venture he'd be back signing all the way to the bank in no time. Give Ringo a break, he's just the drummer dammit.

Digg my article

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the early super dave osborne clip

Unknown said...

As long as Barbara Bach is still signing.

Anonymous said...

He was always known as the "surly" Beatle, wasn't he?

Anonymous said...

Hoyt Axton wrote the song but Ringo does have Barbara Bach. So I guess his version is ok

Anonymous said...

did he say a 10lb bag of cocaine?

 

the running mule

the running mule